Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup




I bought this foundation three weeks ago in Walgreens it cost me around $13.00 , which is a little expensive for a drugstore foundation but for me it was worth it. First of all this comes in a jar which i don’t love at all because I don’t like using my fingers to scoop it out because is antigenic but at the same time I like that it come in a jar because it looks really pretty and fancy! The jar reminds me of the Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation… This Revlon foundation has a really thick cream consistency which scared me at first because I thought it was going to feel really heavy in my skin but for my surprise it didn’t. The secret when using this foundation is to really blend and blend. I try to apply it and blend it with a brush but it didn’t worked for me, but when blending with the finger it’s just so much easier and looks prettier. The color stay foundation has a medium coverage that can definitely be build up to a full coverage. My skin is normal with some slightly dry patches on my forehead but this worked really great for me. I don't recommend this for really dry skin because the foundation it's a little dry. This foundation is supposed to last 24 hours, but I haven't tried this foundation for all that time. This foundation lasted on me for like 10 hours with translucent powder. It doesn't have a dewy finish but it’s definitely not matte, somewhere in between. The only thing I don't like about this foundation besides the fact that is in a jar it's that when choosing the color was really hard and a pain because the jar doesn’t let you really see its color when I looked at them they all look the same for me. But In general this is in my new favorite foundation. I just love it! What’s your favorite foundation??

2 comments:

  1. Really Great Review! I hope they bring this over to the UK soon! I think I'm going to have to try it.

    mallowbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    Eloise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love your blog!! thanks for reading. :)

      Delete